C-STEM Teacher of the Year recognizes C-STEM teachers for their exceptional contributions in teaching computing, integrating computing into STEM subjects, and inspiring students to pursue careers and post-secondary study in C-STEM fields. Award recipients are selected by the C-STEM Awards Committee consisting of the university faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students.
- Nominees must be teachers teaching C-STEM subjects in K-12 schools with an annual C-STEM subscription.
- Nominees must be actively participating in the C-STEM program, including advising student teams for RoboPlay Challenge Competition on C-STEM Day.
- Nominees have not received this award in the past.
- Evidence on excellence in computing and STEM education, especially on integration of computing into STEM education.
- Presents concepts in fun and exciting ways.
- Inspire students of different backgrounds and abilities to learn.
- Have the respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues.
- Play an active and useful role in school and extracurricular activities.
- Nominees need to attend the C-STEM Annual Conference in person to receive the award.
Nominations for the 2017 Awards are due by September 27, 2019. The application is available for download as a PDF HERE.
If selected, the conference registration fee will be waived. Nominees will however need to provide their own travel and lodging accommodations.
For more information, please contact:
Phone: (530) 752-9082