C-STEM Awards are presented to K-12 teachers and students for their exceptional work in C-STEM education in the northern California region. Award recipients are selected by the C-STEM Awards Committee consisting of UC Davis faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students. More information about the awards is available in pdf form here.
Applications for the 2012 Awards are due by March 30, 2012.
C-STEM Teacher of the Year recognizes C-STEM teachers for their exceptional contributions in teaching computing, integrating computing into STEM subjects, and inspiring students to pursue careers and post-secondary study in C-STEM fields.
North Area Community School,
Harper Junior High School,
Hiram Johnson High School,
Bridgeway Island Elementary School,
- Nominees must be teachers teaching C-STEM subjects in K-12 schools in northern California.
- Nominees have not received this award in the past.
- Evidence on excellence in computing and STEM education, especially on integration of computing into STEM education.
- Presents concepts in fun and exciting ways.
- Inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn.
- Have the respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues.
- Play an active and useful role in school and extracurricular activities.
For more information, please contact:
Kevin Gucwa, Director Assistant
Phone: (530) 752-1028