2015 UC Davis C-STEM Fall Academy on Integrated Computing and STEM Education
8:30am – 4:30pm Saturday & 8:30am – 3:30pm Sunday, November 21-22, 2015
1062 Bainer Hall, UC Davis Campus
This C-STEM Academy on integrated computing and STEM education will provide STEM teachers with hands-on experience on how to use the UC Davis C-STEM integrated curriculum with interactive computing, programming, and robotics that aligns with the Common Core, Math and ICT Sector standards to help close the achievement gap and better prepare student for college and careers.
The academy is targeted at grades 6 – community college classroom STEM teachers, and math/CTE coordinators, who are interested in:
- Integrating Computing & Robotics into Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Integrated Math I, II, III & Career Technical Education
- Developing students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Providing computing education utilizing computer programming in C/C++ interpreter Ch and the Barobo Linkbot
- Implementing new teaching strategies and opportunities for personalized and collaborative learning through hands-on activities
- Adopting common core compliant curricula using computer programming
- Working to close the achievement gap and preparing students to be career and college ready
More information can be found in the Two-Day Academy flyer.
Cost: $300/teacher before October 23, 2015; $400/teacher before November 13, 2015.
Payment for the training has to be done by check made out to “The Regents of the University of California”.
- We must have received your payment before instruction has begun on November 21 in order for you to be able to participate. Checks can be brought in person on the morning of November 13, fifteen minutes before the instruction.
- Registration covers instruction, supplementary booklets, example teaching materials, software licenses for teaching, morning beverage, lunch, and UC Davis C-STEM Center support for implementation of the program
- A Laptop running Windows XP or higher or Mac OS 10.7 or higher is necessary during the training. Please bring a laptop with you for participation in the academy. You must have administrative privileges on the laptop to install software.
- Linkbots will be provided during the training.
If Paying with P.O. or Check: You must first register for the site before you can register for the event. Then login and go to the“Professional Development->2015 Fall Academy Registration” tab on the Registered Users Subsite
If paying with Credit Card: You can do so at our Eventbrite page.
Space is limited; please sign up early to reserve your spot.
- Optional Continuing Education Unit quarter credits from UC Davis Extension are available.
- Certificate of Professional Development Credit hours upon training completion.
Ryan Mangan, Education Specialist and Technology Coordinator, UC Davis C-STEM Center
The C-STEM Center does not directly deal with reservations but can recommend sites that have been know to offer discounted or contracted rates for UC Davis events. Please call to confirm.
- Aggie Inn (530) 756-0352
- Best Western Plus Palm Court (530) 753-7100
- University Park Inn and Suites (530) 756-0910
- Hyatt Place UC Davis (530) 750-9500
- Royal Guest Hotels (530) 231-5919
Information about parking and training locations is available in the pdf form here. Parking is free.