This unique session will guide K-12 teachers, district coordinators, and district professional development trainers through the process of facilitating their own Online Professional Development session to support educators that are new to C-STEM and RoboBlockly. RoboBlockly is uniquely ideal for distance learning due to its deep integration with common core math standards, computer science, and hands-on robotics. Benefits to distance learning with RoboBlockly include:
- Over 1,000 ready-to-go activities to choose from
- Making learning fun with hands-on, interactive coding, robotics, and math activities
- An intuitive classroom management portal
- High level of flexibility and numerous features including recent new features
- RoboBlockly provides a guided, interactive alternative to traditional classroom learning.
- Can be done entirely through any modern web browser.
- Using coding for art, music, and animations.
- Discovering connections between coding, robotics, art, and math.
We will provide resources for delivering a successful online PD that engages participants and inspires them to use RoboBlockly to conduct distance learning including:
- PD outline
Participants of this session are encouraged to coordinate further professional development sessions within their school or district to help guide others towards getting started with RoboBlockly and C-STEM. C-STEM will continue to support participants as they conduct their own PD sessions through consultations, technical support, and development as needed.